[of-dev] glm

Elliot Woods elliot at kimchiandchips.com
Mon Mar 28 10:39:13 PDT 2016

I hope we figure this out

The current vector math has given me nightmares
You never know when it's going to fail. Which cans drive you insane as you
don't know if it's you or the library that's wrong
Simple inversions often go crazy, and the API is totally asymmetrical right
now
So if ofMatrix3x3 got to that standard... Then it would still be horrifying

One suggestion is we should move to:
1. using glm internally in ofVec*, etc. Use glm for calculating the math
operations
2. Use glm universally as arguments/returns in our API
3. Auto convert between the two (without toOf/toGlm, even if that means
making a copy when it's a vector)

I.e. a side by side approach with glm being the core usage, and ofVec*
being 'utility classes' (optimised for keeping past styles, not speed)

(Maybe that's what's on the table already?)

Elliot