[of-dev] code of conduct

Kyle McDonald kyle at kylemcdonald.net
Thu Jul 23 15:28:06 PDT 2015

hi georgia, this was a bug. the link should have pointed to
of at openframeworks.cc but i made a mistake in the syntax.

how we handle a violation will depend on exactly what is reported. but it
will probably go something like this:

first, someone notices a violation. then they email of at openframeworks.cc,
which goes to zach, theo, arturo, and me. we will discuss how to handle it
best. sometimes the response might be obvious, but when it's not we'll go
to other leaders for advice. we'll try to resolve it in private first, and
we will address it publicly as a last resort. we'd like to keep everyone in
the OF community, but prioritize people feeling safe.

i added one sentence to that paragraph to explain this:

"Alert the core if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress,
or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
We'll treat reports as anonymous submissions, and do our best to work with
everyone in private to resolve the conflict."

i'm curious to hear more about your protocol for responding to incidents
(though i hope for the code of conduct the sentence above is enough to
clarify our attitude towards this.)

since there haven't been many other comments since july 1, i'm going to
merge this and will make additions in PRs as necessary :)

kyle