[of-dev] [OFPlugin] How do we make OFPlugin part of the core? (#37)

Zachary Lieberman zach at eyebeam.org
Thu Jul 23 14:10:37 PDT 2015

Sounds like a good idea! I think a good first step would be adding info
about OF plugin to the OSX install readme:

http://openframeworks.cc/setup/xcode/

It feels like it definitely makes sense to recommend this in the context of
setting up OSX -- you can edit the guide here:

https://github.com/openframeworks/ofSite/tree/master/setup/xcode

there's info about how to work with the site here:

http://www.openframeworks.cc/tutorials/developers/003_contributing_to_the_documentation.html

In terms of packaging it with the download, I'm curious how we would
support multiple versions of xcode, would we package different versions of
OFplugin in the download?    Also, I'm curious if alcatraz is the preferred
method of setting this up or we ask people to do this manually in
(~/Library/Application Support/Developer....) or build some sort of
installer.

- zach