[of-dev] Recommendations for live iOS audio effects?

Joel Gethin Lewis joel at hellicarandlewis.com
Thu Jul 2 03:42:34 PDT 2015

Hey of-Dev world,

I was looking for some recommendations for a live audio R&D project we are working on at the moment.

The aim to create scary live audio effects based on the users microphone. It’s all being made on iOS - we are using Estimotes to make  an audio tour of a haunted space and I want to add live echos/delays/distortions to the persons footsteps and whimpers as they walk around.

I found these AudioUnit plugins:

https://github.com/admsyn/ofxAudioUnit
https://github.com/microcosm/ofxAudioUnitManager

Does anyone have any other suggestions or advice?

Cheers,

Joel

Joel Gethin Lewis
joel at hellicarandlewis.com