[of-dev] code liberation <=> openframeworks

Phoenix Perry contact at phoenixperry.com
Wed Jan 7 09:27:56 PST 2015

Yes! Think easy tasks and lowering the bar. There's a good likelihood I'll be fielding tech questions from people so I'll try and do whatever they do so I understand it and am up on it. Also, re:being a mentor. What this means is that not only that you'll help with tech questions but that you'll actually take an active interest in these women and help me shape them into level 10 ninjas. Talks, interviews and everything I can do to throw them in the limelight, I am doing. Over the last few years, I've taken tons of opportunities and played them forward towards the women in our core. The reason? More diversity in games helps us all in the long term. There are honestly like a handful of women in games (5% of the development jobs in games belong to women). We are going to have to create roll models first before we open the flood gates to the masses. As this happens, they will honestly redefine the market with new projects and ideas. It's working so far. They are all exploding / on the verge of being really well known. I will not stop until that has happened for each of them. I'm a women on a mission.
Also, know Code Lib is a longer form project and every single one of these women has a vow to me to bring up others as they rise. This is how we function.
They are all positive forces in this world. I'm super excited to make this real.
best,
Phoenix Perry
Code Liberation Founder
HKU Sr. Lecturer
NYU Research Fellow
Dozen Eyes Principal Creative Director
http://www.phoenixperry.com
@phoenixperry*****************
Note: I only check emails from 12 - 1pm. If you have urgent issues, you can send a text.