[of-dev] towards openFrameworks "teams" and "projects"

Kyle McDonald kyle at kylemcdonald.net
Tue Jan 6 13:05:46 PST 2015

in the past, projects have started by people creating private repos that
either fork OF or start something new completely. then that project is
managed with its own issue tracking, and eventually merged with a single
big PR.

in the future, i'd like to see more branches of the openframeworks repo, or
even repos under the openframeworks organization, but only because i want
people to feel that the work they're doing is "official" and has our
support.

for smaller projects that don't demand an entire repo or branch, a
combination of 1 and 3 (tags plus main/sub issues) are great. this is the
way apothecary is working right now, even though it started as its own
repo. checklists have also been working well.

i'd like to avoid the hackpad solution, because it's harder to keep track
of (only because it's not in the same place as the issues, and you can't
see a progress bar on checklists), but for the ofDoc roadmap it hasn't been
a problem.

in short: whatever works, but everyone should feel free to use the
openframeworks organization.