[of-dev] windows 0071 status

Matthew Gingold m at gingold.com.au
Mon May 14 15:55:56 PDT 2012

Ok so I tried re-compiling with Cuda and Eigen only, but it turns out that
Cuda is causing a lot of difficulties (I tried for several hours as each
compile attempt takes ~15 to 20mins). I also discovered that I do not have
the required Eigen path (which means I don't have the required support
files)...so in the end I tried re-compiling with all WITH options
disabled...the binaries are byte for byte the same size as the ones I
compiled with several options enabled (like TIFF, PNG, EIGEN, CUDA, etc) -
so I'm thinking that actually none of these made any difference to the
openCV libs. If you'd prefer me to commit the new openCV libs I compiled
tonight let me know, otherwise I will just PR the current Release/SSE/O2
libs in my branch...

On 14/05/12 7:19 PM, "arturo castro" <arturo at openframeworks.cc> wrote:

> Those settings seem correct to me. we don't want jpeg, png... they class with
> freeimage and some formats stop working in ofImage. fast math is
problematic
> with some libraries, i've got some tracking problems for
example with the
> face tracking library when fast math was activated so
yes better to left it
> off

about cuda i just turned it on, i installed no sdk, so not sure if it

was actually compiling that module, i get a gpu module though. if it's

problematic just leave it out

El 14/05/12 19:07, Matthew Gingold

of-dev mailing
of-dev at dev.openframeworks.cc