[of-dev] windows 0071 status

Matthew Gingold m at gingold.com.au
Fri May 11 10:06:34 PDT 2012

Ok I'll take a look at VS problems soon...

Been chasing the CB openCV lib problem...it's been super annoying (2 days of
compile and re-compile), but I finally found some leads with:

http://code.opencv.org/issues/596
and
http://code.opencv.org/issues/1896

Unfortunately -O2 does not work for me...the most optimized I can get to is
-O1. Id on't know too much about optimization settings - will that be ok for
0071?

I didn't apply the patch (cf issue 1896, above), but manually changed
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE "-O3 -DNDEBUG" to CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE "-O1
-DNDEBUG" in CmakeCache before making the libs.

What's really annoying about this is that the bug is 1+ years old and also
breaks 2.4.0 if compiled in Release with SSE/SSE2 support.

I could not get 2.4.0 to work with -O2 either, again I had to set to -O1.

Perhaps someone else would like to try? I'm using g++ version 4.4.1 so maybe
a more recent version would do a better job?

@Zach: did you make an issue for this problem on git? If so let me know so I
can tag a PR with it...

You can try the libs I compiled at
https://github.com/gameoverhack/openframeworks/tree/bugfix-openCV231

On 11/05/12 3:01 PM, "Zachary Lieberman" <zach at eyebeam.org> wrote:

> I haven't had a chance to look too closely, but wrt to the debug vs
> release libs, the project generator code here:
>
> void visualStudioProject::addAddon(ofAddon & addon){
>
> specifically:
>
> found = addon.libs[i].find_last_of("\\")
>
> looks very windows specific, and probably the logic is not the same on
> non windows machines.   We should try to take a look more closely at
> the logic, maybe test on linux and mac and see if there's something
> either with path parsing or enumeration that's different.
>
> take care,
> zach
>

> On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 11:14 PM, Elliot Woods
> <elliot at kimchiandchips.com> wrote:
>> Hmm seems super strange
>> Working on other OS's with same compiler
>> Working on same OS with different compiler
>> :(
>>
>> I'll try and have a look at this too (VS + CB).
>>
>> On Friday, 11 May 2012, Matthew Gingold wrote:
>>>
>>> Re VS: I re-ran the PG before trying the project...unfortunately I just
>>> left the office with the PC I've been using...perhaps could you try
>>> rerunning the PG and see if it always does this with the latest dev? I'll
>>> try in a couple of hours after some dinner...
>>>
>>> As for the CB openCV problem the only thing I can think to do is try
>>> compiling 2.3.0, 2.4.0 and maybe even 2.2.x just to eliminate any possible
>>> blame with OF code and then take it to the openCV forums...?
>>>
>>> Sent from my phone
>>>
>>> On 10/05/2012, at 5:18 PM, Zachary Lieberman <zach at eyebeam.org> wrote:
>>>

>>> On the VS side, the linking looks odd for release:
>>>
>>> debug is fine:
>>>

>>> <AdditionalDependencies>%(AdditionalDependencies);opencv_highgui231d.lib;ope
>>> ncv_calib3d231d.lib;opencv_imgproc231d.lib;opencv_haartraining_engined.lib;o
>>> pencv_gpu231d.lib;opencv_flann231d.lib;opencv_contrib231d.lib;opencv_video23
>>> 1d.lib;opencv_objdetect231d.lib;zlibd.lib;opencv_core231d.lib;opencv_ml231d.
>>> lib;opencv_features2d231d.lib;opencv_legacy231d.lib</AdditionalDependencies>
>>>
>>> but the release project has both debug and release libs -- maybe there's
>>> some logic that needs to be fixed in the PG wrt figuring out the difference
>>> between debug and release libs?
>>>

>>> <AdditionalDependencies>%(AdditionalDependencies);opencv_highgui231d.lib;ope
>>> ncv_calib3d231.lib;opencv_imgproc231d.lib;opencv_haartraining_engined.lib;op
>>> encv_gpu231d.lib;opencv_flann231.lib;opencv_contrib231d.lib;opencv_video231d
>>> .lib;opencv_objdetect231d.lib;zlib.lib;opencv_core231d.lib;opencv_contrib231
>>> .lib;opencv_ml231d.lib;opencv_features2d231.lib;opencv_core231.lib;opencv_gp
>>> u231.lib;opencv_legacy231d.lib;opencv_haartraining_engine.lib;opencv_highgui
>>> 231.lib;opencv_ml231.lib;opencv_imgproc231.lib;opencv_objdetect231.lib;openc