[of-dev] japan workshop

Joshua Noble joshuajnoble at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 23:02:58 PDT 2011

On Apr 29, 2011, at 19:57, Kyle McDonald <kyle at kylemcdonald.net> wrote:

> re epic forum threads: i feel like the wiki was supposed to solve
> this. but i think it doesn't have the necessary exposure + momentum.
> maybe we could embed summaries directly into the top of long threads?
> i've tried this a few times in the past if i'm the first poster by
> putting red text with a brief summary.

Couldn't we just post these into the wiki as a seed for future fleshing out?

> re not tracking github: i think if we were on an automated and regular
> release cycle, this would be different. people still wouldn't track
> github, but everyone would be more on the same page.
>
> re tutorials: super essential. i think the thing that was nice about
> 3dsav examples compared to of/examples/ is that 3dsav got steadily
> more complicated. i can't stand the code duplication, but the general
> idea is right on. some of the cinder tutorials are like this and it's
> wonderful.

Agreed and although code duplication is annoying for a lot of people repetition is the key to learning, etc etc. Building up, demoing features, both pretty key to getting people to use/understand a library. I still think Processing is the best at this,