[of-dev] cooler parts of 007 ?

Memo Akten memo at memo.tv
Thu Apr 28 11:38:46 PDT 2011

in case it's useful, here are some snippets regarding ofmesh+kinect i've
been using lately, i haven't released them yet cos I haven't had a chance to
fully test them in different circumstances

ofxkinect point cloud -> ofmesh
http://pastebin.com/AAHUdFws
this one is quite basic, just stores the point cloud in ofmesh

ofxopenni ->ofmesh
http://pastebin.com/HjB74y2T
this one is a lot more complex, it triangulates the mesh, but first it
applies a few threshold for near and far, and optionally triangle length.
The triangulation needs a few passes because it's not about triangulating
adjacently numbered indices anymore, but those that are actually physically
adjacent, so I need the map of physical location (pre-thresholded index) to
the new index in the array. Possibly this could be done quicker, but I was
in a hurry when I wrote it, and it works :)

ofmesh <-> .ply
http://pastebin.com/07XGqC6L
this is very incomplete, doesn't store triangulation and makes some pretty
rash assumptions for the header size and format - it was for a specific
project, and worked for that, again, written in quite a hurry :)

--
Memo Akten

www.memo.tv
www.twitter.com/memotv