[of-dev] minivegas

Pierre Proske pierre at digitalstar.net
Tue Apr 26 23:25:50 PDT 2011

Yeah it seems to be a C++ framework.

I noticed it here:
http://www.creativeapplications.net/mac/cr-annual-cover-c-mac/

To quote:
"The app was created using MiniVegas’ own proprietary C++/OpenGL
framework code-named Atlantis. The tool itself is a set of user
interface components suitable for the rapid assembly of artist tools,
which together with a persistent data and parameter system allows artist
and programmer to work together on shaping the project’s look without
needing to hard-code everything. It is developed and maintained as
cross-platform, running on OS X and Linux. In the future they plan to
port portions of it to mobile platforms such as iOS and Android."

I like the sound of "persistent data and parameter system allows artist
to work on the project's look without needing to hard-code everything".
Of course, it's possible to do that with OF through XML/Simple GUI or
Ant Tweak bar for example, but I'd be curious to see how they achieved it.

It would be cool to get a copy of their code! Although perhaps by now
they may want to release it themselves....